Symptoms of acid reflux that may accompany heartburn include :
1. Difficulty swallowing
2. Chronic Cough
3. Stomach Pain or burning in the upper abdomen
4. Persistent Sore throat
5. Regurgitation of foods or liquids with a taste of acid in the throat, and persistent hoarseness or laryngitis
8. Dysphagia ( the sensation of food being stuck in the throat)
9. Continuous Hiccups
11. Weight Loss for no Reason
Warning – don’t confuse a heart attack with heartburn:
The pain of heartburn can be confused with pain due to more serious heart problems, such as a heart attack. Individuals especially need to be aware of this possibility if you or a family member has a history of heart disease.
• If a person has chest pain accompanied sweating, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, or pain that worsens with activity, he or she should seek medical attention immediately.